ORGANISATION OF THE COURSE
The Nature for City LIFE MOOC advanced course complements the initial course.
The objectives of this MOOC Nature for City LIFE advanced course are to deepen the knowledge covered in the initial course and to illustrate through feedback the role of nature in the city in terms of resilience to climate change: air quality, health, water management, vegetalisation, but also new knowledge, current concerns and emerging practices.
It is divided into three themes. In order to fully benefit from this MOOC, it is advisable to follow the planned rhythm of one theme per week, counting between 1.5 and 2 hours of personal work per week.
Each theme is divided into 2 or 3 training modules. A set of courses will be proposed to you in the form of videos accompanied by comprehension and evaluation quizzes. A set of complementary resources will also be at your disposal to go further on the themes addressed at the conclusion of each module.
All the videos of the MOOC are translated into French and English. To activate the subtitles when you watch a video, click on the "CC" button in the toolbar at the bottom of the player.
This MOOC is proposed by the Region Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in collaboration with the Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement (LPED) of Aix-Marseille University.
The LPED develops research work at the interface between the dynamics of populations and their territories, the environment and development. It integrates the contemporary challenges of the environment, climate change and sustainable development based on interdisciplinarity and intersectorality.
The MOOC pedagogical team is made up of teacher-researchers and researchers, from four regional institutions and coming from four disciplinary specialties (ecology, sociology, geography-urbanism, architecture) and a project manager from the Region Sud Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur :
- Valérie Montès (coordinatrice), LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
- Carole Barthelemy, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, sociologist.
- Alexandra Bielher, Ecole Nationale d’Architecture de Marseille, geographer - landscape
- Jean-Noël Consales, Institut d’Urbanisme et d’Aménagement Régional, Aix-Marseille Université, geographer - town planner<
- Magali Deschamps-Cottin, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist.
- Isabelle Laffont-Schwob, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecophysiologist
- Audrey Marco, Ecole nationale Supérieure du Paysage de Versailles-Marseille, éecologist.
- Hubert Mazurek, LPED, Aix-Marseille Université, geographer.
- Christine Robles, LPED, Aix-Marseille Université, ecologist.
The Nature for City LIFE project.
This MOOC is being developed as part of the Nature for City LIFE project. This multi-partner project, led by the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, aims to develop and enhance the value of nature in cities to strengthen the attractiveness of territories and adapt to climate change by relying on two operational objectives :
- Inform, raise awareness and train different audiences and actors on the services provided by nature in cities.
- Reinforce the integration of nature in the city in urban development projects.
This project, which received financial support from the European Union within the framework of the LIFE programme, has been extended within the framework of the After LIFE project, which provides for the continuation of certain measures for the next 5 years.