The Nature for City LIFE MOOC is divided into four themes. In order to benefit fully from this MOOC, it is advisable to follow the planned rhythm of one topic per week, with between 1.5 and 2 hours of personal work per week.
Each theme is divided into 4 training modules. A set of courses will be proposed to you in the form of videos accompanied by comprehension and evaluation quizzes. A set of complementary resources will also be at your disposal to go further on the themes addressed at the conclusion of each module.
All the videos of the MOOC are available in 5 languages (VO: French, subtitled in English, Italian, Spanish and German).
This initial course of the Nature for City LIFE MOOC will be deepened by an advanced course that you will be able to follow as of December 1, 2022.
This MOOC is proposed by the Region Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in collaboration with the Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement (LPED- d'Aix-Marseille University).
The LPED develops research work at the interface between the dynamics of populations and their territories, the environment and development. It integrates the contemporary challenges of the environment, climate change and sustainable development based on interdisciplinarity and intersectorality.
The MOOC teaching team is made up of teacher-researchers and researchers from four regional institutions and four disciplinary specialties (ecology, sociology, geography-urbanism, architecture) and a team from the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region:
- Valérie Montès (coordinator), LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
- Carole Barthelemy, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, sociologist.
- Alexandra Bielher, Ecole Nationale d’Architecture de Marseille, geographer - landscape
- Jean-Noël Consales,Institute of Urban and Regional Planning, Aix-Marseille University, geographer - town planner
- Magali Deschamps-Cottin, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist.
- Isabelle Laffont-Schwob, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecophysiologist.
- Audrey Marco, Ecole nationale Supérieure du Paysage de Versailles-Marseille, ecologist.
- Hubert Mazurek, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, geographer.
- Christine Robles, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
The Nature for City LIFE project
This MOOC is developed within the framework of the Nature for City LIFE project. This multi-partner project, led by the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, aims to develop and enhance the value of nature in cities to strengthen the attractiveness of territories and adapt to climate change by relying on two operational objectives :
- Inform, raise awareness and train different audiences and actors on the services provided by nature in cities.
- Reinforce the integration of nature in the city in urban development projects.
This project, which received financial support from the European Union within the framework of the LIFE program, has been extended within the framework of the After LIFE project, which provides for the continuation of certain measures for the next 5 years.