The MOOC Nature for City LIFE is divided into four themes. Access to the themes will be progressive over the duration of the MOOC with the opening of one new theme per week. Count between 01h30 and 02h of personal work per week. Although it is possible to start the MOOC at any time during the four weeks it is online, it is advisable to respect the planned rhythm of one theme per week in order to avoid a weekly overload of work !
Each theme is divided into 4 training modules. A set of courses will be proposed to you in the form of videos accompanied by comprehension and evaluation quizzes. A set of complementary resources will also be at your disposal to go further on the themes addressed at the conclusion of each module.
All MOOC videos are translated into French and English, to activate the subtitles when you watch a video, click on the "CC" button in the toolbar at the bottom of the player.
This initial MOOC Nature for City LIFE course will be deepened by an improvement course that you will be able to follow from 2020.
This MOOC is proposed by the Region Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in collaboration with the Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement (LPED- d'Aix-Marseille University).
The LPED develops research work at the interface between the dynamics of populations and their territories, the environment and development. It integrates the contemporary challenges of the environment, climate change and sustainable development based on interdisciplinarity and intersectorality.
MOOC's teaching team is composed of nine teacher-researchers and researchers, coming from four regional institutions and coming from four disciplinary specialties (ecology, sociology, geography/urbanism, architecture) :
- Valérie Montès (coordinator), LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
- Carole Barthelemy, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, sociologist.
- Alexandra Bielher, Ecole Nationale d’Architecture de Marseille, geographer - landscape
- Jean-Noël Consales,Institute of Urban and Regional Planning, Aix-Marseille University, geographer - town planner
- Magali Deschamps-Cottin, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist.
- Isabelle Laffont-Schwob, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecophysiologist.
- Audrey Marco, Ecole nationale Supérieure du Paysage de Versailles-Marseille, ecologist.
- Hubert Mazurek, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, geographer.
- Christine Robles, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
The Nature for City LIFE project
This MOOC is developed within the framework of the Nature for City LIFE project. This multi-partner project, led by the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, aims to develop and enhance the value of nature in cities to strengthen the attractiveness of territories and adapt to climate change by relying on two operational objectives :
- Inform, raise awareness and train different audiences and actors on the services provided by nature in cities.
- Reinforce the integration of nature in the city in urban development projects.
This project has received financial support from the European Union within the framework of the LIFE programme.