Each theme is divided into 2 or 3 training modules. A set of courses will be proposed to you in the form of videos accompanied by comprehension and evaluation quizzes. A set of complementary resources will also be at your disposal to go further on the themes addressed at the conclusion of each module.
All MOOC videos are translated into French and English. To enable subtitles when you are watching a video, click on the "CC" button in the toolbar at the bottom of the player. The MOOC Nature For City LIFE advanced course is a complement to the initial course, which you can register for in the next sessions to be held in the autumn of 2020 and 2021.
This MOOC is proposed by the Region Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in collaboration with the Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement (LPED) of Aix-Marseille University.
The LPED develops research work at the interface between the dynamics of populations and their territories, the environment and development. It integrates the contemporary challenges of the environment, climate change and sustainable development based on interdisciplinarity and intersectorality.
The MOOC pedagogical team is made up of teacher-researchers and researchers, from four regional institutions and coming from four disciplinary specialties (ecology, sociology, geography-urbanism, architecture) and a project manager from the Region Sud Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur :
- Valérie Montès (coordinatrice), LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist
- Carole Barthelemy, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, sociologist.
- Alexandra Bielher, Ecole Nationale d’Architecture de Marseille, geographer - landscape
- Jean-Noël Consales, Institut d’Urbanisme et d’Aménagement Régional, Aix-Marseille Université, geographer - town planner<
- Magali Deschamps-Cottin, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecologist.
- Isabelle Laffont-Schwob, LPED, Aix-Marseille University, ecophysiologist
- Audrey Marco, Ecole nationale Supérieure du Paysage de Versailles-Marseille, éecologist.
- Hubert Mazurek, LPED, Aix-Marseille Université, geographer.
- Christine Robles, LPED, Aix-Marseille Université, ecologist.
- Marie-Caroline Vallon ; Région Sud Provence Alpes Côte d’azur, Direction de la Transition énergétique et des territoires
The Nature for City LIFE project.
This MOOC is being developed as part of the Nature for City LIFE project. This multi-partner project, led by the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, aims to develop and enhance the value of nature in cities to strengthen the attractiveness of territories and adapt to climate change by relying on two operational objectives :
- Inform, raise awareness and train different audiences and actors on the services provided by nature in cities.
- Reinforce the integration of nature in the city in urban development projects.
This project has received financial support from the European Union within the framework of the LIFE programme.